Small Updates that Make a Big Difference
There are a a few small things in homes that are relatively inexpensive and can really make a big impact. Check them out below!
- Wall colors: The colors of the walls can set the mood in a room. Bright, bright colors can cause someone to feel overwhelmed, while mellow, neutral colors offer a more calming feel. It’s safe to assume more buyers will enjoy neutral colors than something that shocks them when they walk through the door.
- Smell: If someone walks into a home that has a strong smell, it can be overwhelming. Doing a good clean and having a few light air fresheners can really make a space feel more comfortable. Hint: try to not have too overpowering of smells, that can be uncomfortable as well.
- Amount of Items in a Room: Less is more! Truly! Having too many items in a home can make the space feel smaller than it actually is. Don’t sell yourself short. Take a few boxes and de-clutter shelves, remove extra wall hangings, and extra furniture.
- Clean: A clean room is SO much better than a messy room. Tidy the space up with some good old fashion elbow grease. Having a clean home can really improve how someone perceives the quality of the entire home.
- Don’t Forget the Details: Organize areas that you may overlook. Yes, I am talking about closets, pantries, basements. It’s not critical that you eliminate your Christmas collection or outdoor gear, not at all! It’s nice to have it organized in bins or boxes. We live in Wisconsin, we all have seasonal items and full basements, but keeping it organized not only presents well, but also helps buyers maneuver around easier if they need to get a closer look at the mechanicals.
These are just a few tips to help you as you’re thinking about getting your home ready for showings!
Provided by Austin Solomon | Realtor with The Solomon Group – Coldwell Banker Action (715) 212-4693